5 of the best Stand Up Paddle Board Spots in NZ
5 of the best stand up paddle board spots in NZ
New Zealand is home to some of the world's most magnificent views, best beaches, nice weather and the cleanest water. We are lucky to live in such a place as no matter where you are in the country you are no more than 1 hour away from any coast. We are truly blessed.
So…. why not take the advantage of exploring the beautiful untouched coastline via SUP(stand up paddleboard) board?
Here i’m going to share 5 of the best spots to SUP in the country! (no particular order btw..)
Haheis beautiful clear blue waters, lovely golden sand and most importantly it’s a very mellow swell. Hahei is usually glassy which makes paddle boarding a dream as the board just glides over the surface without any chop or disturbance. More importantly Hahei has a beautiful coastlines with the world famous cathedral cove which is seen in the Chronicles of Narnia movie series. This beach is a must see!
Abel Tasman is one of the most serene beaches this country has to offer, its untouched nature and its glassy green paned water is a beautiful area to visit. This place is perfect for a bit of “surf and turf” after exploring the bay on the paddle board you can hike through the national park and enjoy the best of both land and sea.
Bay of islands, Russell
The bay of islands is one of the most famous areas in NZ, Russell is known world wide as one of the premium holiday beach spots in NZ. The water is calm, there is plenty around to see as there are many different beaches along the coastline, other islands you can paddle to its truly a paddle boarders heaven.
Whangamata is a beach with multi purposes for a paddle boarder. It has great east coast surf and beautiful quiet coastline, there is lots to do all of the time, surfer and explorers paradise!
Herne Bay, Auckland
Believe it or not this is a great spot to go paddleboarding! magnificent views of the harbour bridge, the ability of paddling to the north shore and touring there. All this in the largest city in NZ so there is no need for travel if you live in the city as one of the best spots is in your backyard.
Also in Coastlines BLOG - THE KNOW
- We will to get products to our customers as quickly as humanly possible.
- We subsidise shipping costs of items to create reasonable shipping prices country wide.
- We do not profit from shipping hence our low and honest shipping prices.
- Our primary shipping services are Post Haste & Mainfreight, Mainstream or TIL freight
Delivery Time/ Process
- Depending on your location and size of the delivery your product should reach you within "2-14 business days".
- We use Post Haste for every item under 6'0" in height. They aim to deliver overnight for the North Island. Whilst also provide a 3-5 business day service to the South Island.
- Oversized items are sent via truck companies these are used for all Surfboards, Softboards, Paddleboards and Kayaks over 6'0". They take up to 5 business days for North Island and up to 10 business days for South Island depending on location. However please allow an extra 14 working days incase of unforeseen circumstances
- Additionally, please note that delivery time is also based on "business" days. For example, if you place an order on Sunday, it's impossible for us to ship an item the same day as all the shippers are closed.
Please also note the following:
For larger Items (kayaks & SUP's) please allow extra time for delivery being a maximum of 14 working days. This is to cover all forms of delay.
If home delivery is required for a product above 6'0" this can be arranged for an extra fee. Just call us to organise before purchase
All boards are wrapped, boxed and protected with the utmost care. Coastlines is not accountable for any damage caused during transit. If you receive an item with damage we can help process the claim with the freight company. PLEASE CHECK FOR DAMAGE BEFORE SIGNING OFF WITH THE COURIER!
We withhold the right to delay or cancel delivery if shipping costs are not met by the consumer.
Coastlines Limited shall not be under any liability, howsoever caused or arising and (without limiting the generality of the foregoing) whether caused or arising as a result of the negligence of the Carrier or otherwise for any damage to, loss, deterioration, mis delivery, delay in delivery or non-delivery of the goods.